Learn to use logic and reason to think and self-govern
a.k.a. MATH & TECHNOLOGY
Students learn as they create and solve their own problems, using various mediums, to ignite creativity. Students learn to challenge themselves and find the solutions themselves and as a group. Students learn to explain how each concept is true and applicable to them personally. When students create and solve their own problems they have ownership, increased motivation and retention.
As a group, students have the opportunity to practice a principle together through games and activities, the goal being for the teacher to lead a positive experience showing students how to apply the principles of math, logic, reason and technology in real life.
[swpm_protected for=”3-6,8″ custom_msg=’The information, resources and registration options below are exclusively for AFE Families, Teachers & Leaders. SIGN IN HERE‘]
Disciplined studies include skills such as the following:
- time management
- personal & business finances
- problem solving
- logic & reasoning
- setting and keeping goals
- tracking results and making adjustments
The main goal is the connection in the minds of the students between hard work (mental work, focused time and effort) and being capable of accomplishing whatever is needful to live their individual mission. “I can do hard things!” Is one of the first banners of success for the Disciplined studies. Next is the willingness to do what seems impossible, but is necessary. The end goal is to know that no matter how difficult, with divine help, all that needs to be accomplished, can be done.
As the more mature students continue their disciplined studies they start to seek for problems to solve that will both strengthen themselves AND bless the lives others. Creatively using or inventing technology is a vital part for some students as they progress towards their own legacy.
Students start with arithmetic principles (including geometry and algebra) and move into logic and reasoning at the scholar level, then start to personalize their specific skills development based on their individual mission. AFE Printable Student Goals and Guides are available on each Developmental Level Page
It is highly recommended that at home and for use at school, every students had easy access to the following:
- art supplies, a notebook or binder with paper for recording their discoveries
[swpm_protected for=”3-6″ custom_msg=’The information, resources and registration options below are exclusively for AFE Teachers & Leaders. SIGN IN HERE‘]
- AFE Math Guide (use as self-paced student guide or as a group study, printable, includes instructions & resources)
- AFE MATHEMATICS: A Human Endeavor (best as a group study for scholars who have completed the AFE Math Guide)
- AFE Tools of Money Guide (best as a group study for scholars who have completed the AFE Math Guide, personal & business finance)
- COMING SOON training videos
- Guide Wishlist – Time Management group study, Design Your Dream (ground up design your dream home or business building), We can Build It (using technology to solve problems big & small)